Carmel Convent School, Bagbahara, a Christian Catholic Minority Institution, under the Patronage of Mother Mary of Mount Carmel is managed and administered by the Religious Congregation of Teresian Carmelites (C.T.C.)
It is an unaided, co-educational institution where boys and girls grow up together in a healthy atmosphere of equality and mutual respect.
The medium of instruction is English. Hindi is a compulsory subject.
To produce an atmosphere intellectually enlightened, spiritually inspired, emotionally balanced, morally upright, socially committed and accomplished.
To create a society in which all may have life, life in its fullness. Librated from the shackles and bondages of ignorance and oppression where people would accept each other as sisters and brothers under the common parenthood of God.
Our Educational Aims
- To develop the entire person, mind and heart, body and soul.
- To form as well as to reform.
- To train the mind to analyze rather then to memorize so that it may distinguish truth form error.
- To strengthen the will that it may have the power to practice virtue and reject vice.
- To cultivate the heart, that it may love worthwhile things.
- To instill culture.
- To stimulate ambition.
- To disdain mediocrity and develop leadership.
- To train citizens for time and eternity.
- To maintain high academic standards.